Nano means small, infact very small. This is one of the most awaited new car in the world at the moment. Tata’s Nano has created quite a flutter in the auto world because of its design and price.
The Nano will be launched in
The Nano has a max speed of 100 kph and fuel average of about 22 kpl.
The car is smaller in overall dimensions than the Maruti, but it offers about 20% more seating capacity as a result of design choices such as putting the wheels at the extreme edges of the car.
- Designed with a family in mind, the Nano has a roomy passenger compartment with generous leg space and head room. It is going to be a little cramped in the rear seat for an adult, but a small family with kids in the back seat would be a perfect fit.
- Can seat four persons. Four doors with high seating position make getting in and out easy
- The dimensions of the Nano are; length of 3.1 metres, width of 1.5 metres and height of 1.6 metres, with adequate ground clearance. Makes it easy to park and handle in city traffic
- Its mono-volume design, with wheels at the corners and the powertrain at the rear, enables it to uniquely combine both space and maneuverability.
- The claimed mileage for Nano is 22 Kms to a liter.
- The Nano has a rear-wheel drive, all-aluminium, two-cylinder, 623 cc, 33 PS, multi point fuel injection petrol engine. This is the first time that a two-cylinder gasoline engine is being used in a car with single balancer shaft.
- The lean design strategy has helped minimise weight, which helps maximise performance per unit of energy consumed and delivers high fuel efficiency.
- Performance is controlled by a specially designed electronic engine management system.
- The Nano's safety performance exceeds current regulatory requirements. With an all sheet-metal body, it has a strong passenger compartment, with safety features such as crumple zones, intrusion-resistant doors, seat belts, strong seats and anchorages, and the rear tailgate glass bonded to the body.
- Tubeless tyres further enhance safety.
- The Nano's tailpipe emission performance exceeds regulatory requirements. In terms of overall pollutants, it has a lower pollution level than two-wheelers being manufactured in
- The high fuel efficiency also ensures that the car has low carbon dioxide emissions, thereby providing the twin benefits of an affordable transportation solution with a low carbon footprint.
If you are driving a Maruti Suzuki product like an 800 or an Alto and are thinking of switching over to the Nano, I would suggest you to sell your vehicle now because once the Nano is available the prices of these used cars are bound to fall significantly. Although Alto and Maruti 800 have their own advantages and are fuel efficient and tried and tested work horses.