Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Actress Ranjitha and Swami Nityanand clarify


In an interview to a TV channel in Haridwar on Saturday Swami Nithyananda Paramahamsa claimed that he was in a trance when the sleaze video was being recorded. He neither denied nor confirmed that it was him on the tape.

Tamil actress Ranjitha, who went into hiding after being caught on camera while indulging in sexual acts with Swami Nityananda, finally come to fore too. Clearing her stand, she justified her acts by saying that she was just giving her offerings (some offerings man) to the god man.

The 33-year-old god man said he was ''in a state of samadhi (trance)'' when the video, showing him in a compromising position with an actress, was taken. (Man i would be in a trance too if an actress was friggin me). He said, the video has been ''misinterpreted, morphed and manipulated.'' He alleged that the media onslaught on him was without any basis and that he was being held guilty without a trial.

Transcript of the interview: Was that you in the sleaze tape?

There's a lot of misinterpretation, manipulation and morphing. Now, we are working to find out which part was recorded and which was manipulated. When that video was taken, I was in a state of trance. My personal life has been misrepresented and my privacy has been invaded. Media has even taken pictures of me when I am changing my clothes after a bath. This has been done to defame me.

It is being said that the tape was taken in December 2009? Were you sick then?

I was sick for a very long time. Consciously, I was in a samadhi... physically I was not well. Some of the things have been misinterpreted by the onlookers. Or rather it has been misinterpreted by those who wanted to do it.

Has life changed for you in the last two weeks?

In the thirty-three years of my life I have seen fame. I was the most watched guru on YouTube. Now, in the last few days I have been the most watched scandal. Both have taught me many things about life. But what shocked me most is the thought that there is so much enmity against me. The good thing from all this is I am getting millions of emails, phone calls and a flood of support from people who are not even my devotees. My disciples are feeling so bad that someone's private life has been misinterpreted and abused.
Was the actress in your ashram then?

She has been serving me for a very long time. She was volunteering to take care of me when I was sick. All her family members have been my devotees. There is no denying that she is a devotee.

Do you think it's because of stand-off with people in power?

I don't have any political ambition. I did not fight with anybody. I don't want to disrespect anyone.

Good luck swamiji. May you find your foothold, ashram, nirvana and the actress again. OM!

No comments: